Saturday 3 December 2011

Beyonce/ Mary J. Blige Duet Was Meant For 4

'She sent it through her A&R people to give to me,' MJB says of My Life II's 'Love a Woman.'
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Vanessa White Wolf


Beyoncé and Mary J. Blige
Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/ WireImage

Not sure how to keep your woman happy? Just ask Mary J. Blige and Beyoncé. The two divas lay out a tutorial on how to court the fairer sex with "Love a Woman," from MJB's upcoming My Life II ... The Journey Continues, Act I. But fans may be surprised to learn that the long-overdue collaboration was nearly a one-woman affair.

B initially recorded the song for her4 LP, but thought it would be a better fit as a duet with Mary.

"It was a song she recorded for her album that didn't fit her album and she sent it through her A&R people to give to me," Mary revealed to MTV News. "When the song came, her voice was on it completely and it was just amazing and I wasn't sure that they wanted to give me this record because it was so amazing."

The soothing track starts off with Mary sweetly singing, "So you think you know how to love a woman/ But I think it's still some things you need to know." As the flowery instrumental builds with a serene piano melody and accentuating horns, MJB goes on to warn that a woman needs more than material things. B turns up the heat demanding that she needs "more than sex," she needs to be made love to. From there, the song plays as a lyrical how-to. Communication is a must, as is respect, but coming home late and being a one-minute man is a no-no.

While both the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul and an expecting Queen B display good chemistry on the song, a video for the track may be hard to pull off. "I'm sure 'Love a Woman' would be a single but I can't really trouble Beyoncé right now; she's pregnant and I'm sure she's doing her stuff," Mary said. "So whenever she's ready, if she's ever ready, I'm ready and it'll be great."

Should MJB and B shoot a video for "Love a Woman"? Tell us in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

Gina Gershon Gina Philips Gisele Bündchen Giuliana DePandi Giulianna Ramirez Grace Park

No comments:

Post a Comment