Sunday 24 March 2013

Selena Gomez Says She's 'Lucky' To Have Justin Bieber

'I don't take anything in my personal life too seriously,' she tells Teen Vogue.
By James Dinh

<P>Contrary to the breakup rumors that flooded the Internet earlier this month, Selena Gomez is perfectly happy with <a href="/news/articles/1690653/justin-bieber-writes-song-selena-gomez.jhtml">pop-star boyfriend Justin Bieber</a>.</P><P>He's just one of a few topics the <a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2012/">VMA</a> nominee chatted about with <a href="http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/coverlook/coverlook-september-2012/selena-gomez-teen-vogue-photos" target="_blank"><i>Teen Vogue</i></a> for a September cover story. Gomez also discussed her aspirations to take acting to a whole new level and her dreams to make music with <i>another</i> Justin.</P><P>Describing her relationship with Bieber as "really fun," Gomez told the mag she feels "lucky" to have the young singer by her side. "I'm 20. I don't take anything in my personal life too seriously," she says. "I have great friends and a solid group of people I love. I feel like everything else will come organically."</P><P>Unlike <a href="/news/articles/1686645/miley-cyrus-liam-hemsworth-engaged.jhtml">fellow Disney alum Miley Cyrus</a>, the pint-size pop star isn't interested in walking down the aisle anytime soon, saying, "Marriage and all that other stuff I think will happen once I feel accomplished in every other aspect of my life."</P><P>But if there's one thing Gomez is pushing for it's her long-term goal to shake off her predictable good-girl reputation. One major step in making her Mickey Mouse days a distant memory is her <a href="/news/articles/1684137/selena-gomez-spring-breakers.jhtml">girls-gone-wild adventure flick "Spring Breakers,"</a> which hits theaters in early 2013. She tells the magazine that after she read the script for the Harmony Korine-directed film, she took a plane to the director's home in Nashville to convince him that she would "work really hard."</P><P>And while she describes her role in 2011's "Monte Carlo" as "a good step for me at the time," Gomez said she would never want to do something like that again. "I don't necessarily feel accomplished. I want to create a whole different persona when it comes to acting," she explained.</P><P>Gomez is also planning to take her music to the next level too, and there's one star she's dying to hit the studio with. "I don't think he ever would &#8212; I don't even think he's doing music anymore &#8212; is Justin Timberlake," she said, gushing, "Just 'cause I love his music sooo much."</P><P><b>The <a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2012/">2012 MTV Video Music Awards</a> will air live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Thursday, September 6, at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Head to <a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2012/">VMA.MTV.com</a> now through August 24 to vote for your favorites, or text BNA to 22444 to vote for Best New Artist all the way through the show!</b></P>

Related Photos Related Artists

Jaime King Janet Jackson Claudette Ortiz Carla Gugino Amanda Marcum Brody Dalle Emilie de Ravin Amy Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment