Thursday 25 April 2013

Yes, I Am a Woman!

Someone posted this on Facebook and I find it so annoying.

Like, what? We're all just a bunch of bumbling idiots?

Here's my response:

No, no, no.

I don't push doors that say "pull" because I can read.

I don't explain why I'm laughing because I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

I don't walk into a room and forget why I went there because I'm not an idiot.

I don't count on my fingers because I'm smart enough to do it in my head.

I don't hide my pain from anyone because my feelings are valid and if I'm hurting, you'll know it.

I say it's a long story because some things are complex and dumbing them down doesn't serve anyone.

I cry a lot because I feel both pain and joy and it's awesome.

I don't care about people who don't care about me because I am not a doormat and I have worth.

I don't try to do things before the microwave beeps because I don't rush around the kitchen like a moron EVER.

I listen to you when you don't listen to me, but I won't do it for long so you better start listening.

And, yes, a hug can be nice, but showing me some respect is even better, so quit embracing me like a child and look me in the eye because YES, I AM A WOMAN!

Gina Carano Anna Paquin Ali Campoverdi Erica Leerhsen Daisy Fuentes Izabella Miko Cindy Crawford Erika Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment